|Posted by Kristen Fitzpatrick on March 8, 2018 at 10:25 AM|
Why Willow Creek Winery Weddings are the best!
One of our favorite South Jersey Wedding Venues in Cape May, NJ, is Willow Creek Winery. If you have not been to the see hand crafted post and beam Grand Tasting Room, vineyard vistas and luxurious gardens yet, it is a must see! From its stunning views the moment you enter the property, and all of the way down to the hard wood floors, romantic fireplace, and beautiful chandeliers inside, you will feel as if you are in rustic fairytale. In addition to the beauty, the friendly staff and service are on point. Cape May NJ is a hot destination wedding spot! It i safe to say that over 95% of our couples who utilize us as their wedding planners for Willow Creek Winery are not local. We have had brides in from PA, NY, DE, CT, FL, and even CA! Taking the stress and ease away from our couples and their families during their Willow Creek Winery Wedding planning process has been a one of the best parts our profession. Below you will find the top five reasons we love Willow Creek Winery Weddings, in Cape May, NJ.
1) Their Couples: Seriously. We have loved all of our couples that we work with from Willow Creek Winery, and in fact, we still talk with them after their weddings have taken place! Our Willow Creek Winery couples are fun, smitten, happy, completely in love, and know just what they want - we make the wedding magic happen, together. It is pure awesomeness.
2) FUN: Ok, so, most would say weddings are just fun, but seriously, there is something extra fun about Willow Creek Wineryand Cape May that just makes your wedding experience phenomenal. Your guests will get a wedding weekend that they will talk about for years to come!
3) The Space: It is gorgeous with its rustic, hand crafted wood posts and beams, not to mention the rows of grapevines and gardens. It offers so many ways to be creative in decor and to make this venue your own. No matter how many guests you have, how what the the layout looks like, your personal style willo shine; we never get tired of our weddings that take place here! Each and every single Willow Creek Winery wedding that we have been a part of has allowed our clients to be unique to themselves, and have an absolutely stunning day.
4) The Execution: We have worked with, I’d say, about every venue in this area, and the execution of your event is top par at Willow Creek Winery. They are on point! They work well with the planners involved to ensure a streamlined process of set up and take down. There is nothing more important than your guests, from the moment they arrive. Execution on things such as dinner service, sticking to your timeline, and making sure each guest is happy is beyond what you will find at most places in the area.
5) The Staff: Now this may fall somewhat into #4, however, they deserve their own recogition on this blog. The staff is beyond accommodating, very professional and extremely friendly. From the servers, to bartenders, and the Maitre D, there is just something special about them.
|Posted by Kristen Fitzpatrick on February 25, 2018 at 1:25 PM|
PINEAPPLE OF MY EYE
I am not sure what it is lately, but I am obsessed with pineapples! Everything about them makes me smile. As I was coming up with Cape May NJ wedding planning ideas, I saw this quote a few weeks ago...
Seriously, who wouldn’t want to be more like a pineapple? So, while on my pineapple kick, I’ve learned ways to cook it, use it in refreshing cocktails, and decorate, but most importantly, tasteful ways to incorporate them into your wedding without making it look like a Hawaiian Luau and going too overboard.
Whether you are hosting a beach wedding in South Jersey, or simply looking to add a bit of tropical flair, check out these pineapple ideas for your coastal wedding!
1) Pineapple water? Yes, please! This is a perfect start for your guests arriving at your outdoor ceremony or cocktail hour. It is not only pretty to look at, but it tastes like summer!
2) Did you know that a pineapple symbolizes welcome and good cheer? Using a pineapple as an accent on your welcome table or near your seating arrangements can make the perfect prop, as well as, add fun, color, and special meaning to any environment!
4) You're worth more than gold! Gold pineapples would be great to have embossed on your invitations, or used as your wedding stamp to set the tropical feel right from the start. Or even, spray paint a pineapple gold, add gorgeous flowers to it, and this is what you get! Whoever decided to try this is brilliant.
5) Pineapples make great vases!
6) Don't forget there are always ways to add it to dessert tables for a light and sweet ending to a wonderful new beginning.
|Posted by Kristen Fitzpatrick on February 19, 2018 at 1:05 PM|
Hosting a destination wedding in a shore town in New Jersey has a lot of details involved, and one of the those major details would be finding (sometimes it may feel like hunting!) for group accommodations and room blocks for your guests. While there are plenty of hotels throughout most shore islands that do offer wedding room blocks, here are a few tips to help you with your search:
Bed + Breakfasts:
While the thought of having your guests stay in a quaint Bed + Breakfast in a shore town such as Cape May, or Stone Harbor sounds lovely, there are not many rooms in these accommodation types. I will not say never, but unless you are renting out the entire place, it is very rare to find one that will hold a room block for you. They may not offer you a wedding room block, but you can post a few of these that do have availability on your wedding website, and your guests to call them directly.
Keep in mind that most weddings that take place in shore towns, like Cape May, are in the 'off-season'. I have yet to find a summer hotel that will block off any amount of rooms for a group in high season because quite honestly, they do not need the summer business and know they will book the rooms on their own. In prime season most hotels want a minimum of 3 night stays, in addition to, the rates are the highest during that time; thijs might be a lot for your guests.
Our goal is to always find at least 2-3 hotels that will offer different types of rates for your guests to choose from.
I get asked the question often: What’s the point of making a room block if my guests can get those rates on their own?
• Having a block of rooms gives you the flexibility to know who has or have not booked their room.
• It may not be in your plans yet, but if you decide you want to offer a welcome bag to your hotel guests, you now know who is stayinbg where.
• Some couples choose to offer transportation for their guests to and from the wedding ceremony and reception. If that is the case, then wouldn’t it be great to have a majority of your guests staying in the same location?!
• Most group blocks try to keep the party on the same floor, which helps in making this a “wedding weekend” filled with fun.
I hope some of these tips helped you with your search for your wedding room block in your shore town. If you feel you could use more help in this area, please feel free to contact us with questions! Plan@LuxeWeddingsbyKristen.com (267) 961-3282